Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chapter 2 "Pregnancy Bliss"

I loved being pregnant.
I know everyone is different, but I felt great. Nothing was like OHSS. Rob spoiled me, “since I was bearing his child” and I felt a constant glow from my cheeks. Wednesdays were my favorite.  Our blueberry would turn another week old and Rob and I made a tradition of reading “My Weekly Pregnancy” to see how our berry was growing.
I spent hours online shopping for the perfect bedroom set, perfect theme. We agreed, whether blueberry was a boy or girl, we wanted the room to be gender neutral so a brother or sister could be welcomed in without a whole new décor scene.
On September 2, we found out our little blueberry was a pinkberry, much to our surprise. It was one of the happiest moments of our lives as we opened the envelope and our little one became real to us as we stared at the gender ultrasound picture. Of course, it was a reason to celebrate! Much to my husband’s dissatisfaction, I am always looking for a reason to throw a party. Especially a themed one. So we held in the suspense for 2 days and bought equal amounts of pink and blue foods & favors to have a fabulous reveal of Baby B’s gender. Here is the video we created to play at our “Gender Reveal Party:”
VIDEO CLIP
We ended the party with a game to announce her name, one we had kept secret and so, Parker Allison was introduced to the world.
Pink started to flood my mind ever so more than before. We painted pink letters for her name, pink bookshelf, picked out a pink Petunia Picklebottom, and started her wardrobe and hair accessories with a whole lot of pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment